CBHN strives to be the voice and trusted resource for Black Health Equity in California.
Our every day efforts are to advocate for Black Health Equity by leading and facilitating a convening in all regions of California focused on providing policy analysis,research and best practices that help create the conditions for healthy Black people.
- Leadership and Accountable: We practice financial fitness ensuring stability, consistency and sustainability
- Inter-generational Support and Activism: We are contemporary in our approach to issues, ensuring our work is current, innovative when necessary, and steeped in community-based need.
- Coalition Building and Collaboration: We say what we do and we do what we say with a steadfast adherence to principles.
- RacialIntegrity and Pride: We embrace strategic alliances, align and integrate our work with others with shared vision and values.
- Inclusive: We incorporate diverse perspective into our work. We consider our social responsibility and we make informed decisions that are impactful
To support research and educational efforts that document the underlying factors that determine the health status of Africans and inform policy initiatives to reduce disparities.
- To provide a structure for coordinated efforts to improve the health status of Africans in California.
- To establish partnerships with and mobilize support for the work of community and other statewide African health organizations.
- To increase African participation in policy making at all levels within the health industry and the public sector.
- To advocate for policy changes that increase the participation of underrepresented minorities in education and health care delivery.
- To build strong and mutually supportive relationships with other ethnic advocacy organizations, community groups, public agencies, civic and community leaders and public officials committed to improving the health of all Californians.
- To serve as a resource on health policies and related issues for organizations working to improve the health of Africans.
Theory of Change
We believe that staff informed by their own experiences and relationships will help create the conditions for healthy Black people in California. We impact by authoring, analyzing, developing, and communicating policy, strategy and best practices to black communities, legislators, foundations, researches, and health providers.