“LIVE IT UP, Long Beach!” was held on Saturday, March 25, 2023, 11:00 am – 3:00 pm.
On Saturday, March 25, California Black Health Network in collaboration with Black Health Equity Collaborative Long Beach hosted a community health and wellness event and health fair to engage residents in North, Central, and West Long Beach to become more proactive about their health and well-being. This area of Long Beach has the most significant health disparities among Black residents, especially diabetes.
This event aimed to improve the health literacy of residents, education on diabetes prevention, and enhance access to resources to help manage their health and well-being. The event served as a platform to kick off CBHN’s diabetes awareness and education program, in recognition of American Diabetes Alert Day.
Event attendees received diabetes prevention tips, healthy lifestyle information, and a list of community resources. They will also enjoyed raffle prizes, yoga sessions, cooking demos, dancing, education and more!
The event included:
- Cooking demonstrations by community partners such as Black Women for Wellness’ Kitchen Divas program
- Physical activity with fitness and movement experts
- Dancing to music by a local DJ – Urban Society
- Diabetes screening
- Covered California Healthcare Plan enrollment
- Mobile COVID-19 and flu Vaccination Unit
- FREE Colgate children’s dental screening – ages 1-12
This event was held in partnership with: